Nimrata Nikki Randhawa Haley, calls herself Nikki Haley for short. At time of this post, she is the Governor of South Carolina. According to the HuffingtonPost.com, Haley was going to “fight the establishment, shrink the size of government and fight the good ol’ boy.” These promises made Haley a Tea Party favorite for 2016!
Haley believes in flying the Confederate Flag at the South Carolina State House and defends her position by saying no CEOs complained! In response to her contemptuous remark, Melissa Harris-Perry of MSNBC wrote her a broadcasted letter.
In all fairness, this post is updated to acknowledge Haley’s call for removal of the Confederate flag from the State House to a museum or other more suitable place. She made this decision following the shooting deaths of 9 African American church goers by 21-year-old Dylann Storm Roof, a self-proclaimed racist who used the Confederate, as shown in pictures of himself with the flag, as a symbol of hate toward minorities; and more specifically, Blacks.
All other facts on this page, however, remain unchanged at time of this update (June 22, 2015).
As governor, Haley’s administrative abilities led her to a scandal in which financial information was breached involving millions of taxpayers. She was also involved in shaking dealings with other members of the legislature.
According to details posted in a Mother Jones article, Haley, although of Native American heritage, listed herself as white on her voter registration form. In addition, Haley calls herself a minority whenever it suits her. Members of the Democratic Party called Haley out stating these inconsistencies suggest she is an opportunist who calls herself white merely for voting purposes; and then says she is a minority if it benefits her position as she did on more than one occasion during television interviews.
One might consider it more than ironic that Nikki Haley as Governor of South Carolina signed a voter ID law that disenfranchises minority voters and yet she may not have been altogether truthful with her own voter status. Unfortunately, this type of behavior is par for the course when it comes to behavior displayed by members of the Tea Party!
In addition to signing a Voter ID law that disenfranchises thousands of South Carolina voters, Haley’s radical ideals include the following:
- She is against immigration reform and in fact signed a so-called immigration law that allows authorities to request identification from any adult they stop for any reason under her illegal enforcement unit
- Haley voted to define marriage as a relationship between 1 man and 1 woman
- She is pro lifer who against abortions including in cases of rape and incest and forces women to get pre-abortion ultrasounds
- She voted against a bill that would prevent employers from firing women due to abortion-related reasons
- Voted “Yes” to increase pensions for legislators and state workers but “NO!” to increase the earned income credit for South Carolina citizens
Dump this Tea Party candidate by voting for Democrat Senator Vincent Sheheen, on November 4 2014!